Merry Christmas, Park Slope!
Many city services and community centers will not be available today, so Patch has put together a brief list of what’s open and what’s not on Christmas Day.
- There is no mail delivery on Christmas Day. Post offices - with the exception of self-service kiosks at the New York City main branch on 32nd Street and 8th Avenue in Manhattan - will be closed. There will be no delivery of UPS or Fedex packages either.
- Banks, schools, libraries and government offices will be closed on Christmas Day.
- Alternate side of the street parking and parking meters are suspended on Dec. 25 only.
- The Long Island Railroad’s trains will run on the holiday schedule on Christmas Day.
- New York City bus and subways run on a Sunday schedule.
Most importantly: Be safe, have fun and have a happy holiday!