Holiday shopping can be stressful, but this year make it fun.
Enjoy picking out gifts for your loved ones by coming to The 2012 Brooklyn Holiday Book Fair at The Old Stone House, on Third Street between Fourth and Fifth avenues.
This event, presented by Park Slope-based Honey & Wax Booksellers, will take place on Dec. 1 from 12 to 6 p.m.
To mark the start of the holiday season, Honey & Wax will host a group of independent booksellers to fill the Old Stone House with rare, vintage and out-of-print books. Come and find that perfect first edition by Milton, Melville, Defoe, Shakespeare and more for your favorite bookworm.
Antiquarian maps and prints of Brooklyn will also be on sale, made by Prints Charming.
At 4:30 p.m., a Park Slope literary legend, Pete Hamill, will do a public reading of the first edition of O. Henry’s “The Gift of the Magi.”
There is no admission fee and drinks will be available.
For the full list of participating booksellers, see below:
- Book Thug Nation, Williamsburg, est. 2009
- Freebird Books, Cobble Hill, est. 2004
- Honey & Wax Booksellers, Park Slope, est. 2012
- Human Relations, Bushwick, est. 2012
- Open Air Modern, Williamsburg, est. 2009
- P.S. Bookshop, DUMBO, est. 2006
- Singularity & Co., DUMBO, est. 2012
- Unnameable Books, Prospect Heights, est. 2006