1. Stargaze. Singer-songwriter Sufjan Stevens, Bryce Dessner of The National, and composer Nico Muhly gather at BAM to perform Planetarium, an evening of songs inspired by our solar system. 8 p.m. March 21 - 24. Peter Jay Sharp Building at BAM. Tickets $20-25.
2. Join the circus. Beginning Wednesday, March 20, Barclays Center will hostRingling Bros. & Barnum and Bailey's Greatest Show on Earth, featuring lions, tigers, elephants and acrobatics! Show times and ticket prices will vary. For more information, click here.
3. Rock the Sandy recovery effort. Norton Records warehouse was devastated by flooding in October. To help get them back on their feet, a couple of awesome bands are holding a benefit at The Bell House this Friday. Let Reigning Sound and The Swingin' Neckbreakers take you to a soulful place! 8:30 p.m. 149 7th Street. Tickets $15.
5. Be bookish. Playwright Normandy Sherwood, feminist scholar Kara Jesella and writer Emily Gould will discuss the life and legacy of one of the early 20th century's most scandalous and enduringly relevant memoirists: Mary MacLane, a writer "famous at 19 for her bold and frankly self-involved writing, blazed a path for modern writers yet died in obscurity." BookCourt, Wednesday, March 20. 7 p.m. Free.
5. Move the car. Alternate side parking is in effect.