Whether you’re a beer geek, heady-brew-bro, connoisseur of craft ale, or just love to sip suds, get ready to kick off the Fifth Annual New York City Beer Week tonight.
The beer-centric festival will bring a slew of events, tap takeovers, and discounts to local watering holes and restaurants throughout Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens from Friday, Feb. 22 through March 3.
According to the event’s site, this year’s beer week will be under the direction of the New York City Brewers Guild. The 5th Annual New York City Beer Week will “bring together all 12 NYC craft breweries, nationally and internationally renowned breweries, over 100 venues with more than 300 events, celebrity chefs, and acclaimed restaurants….”
You won’t want to miss “the premier craft beer spectacle of the year,” the guild urges.
So if beer is your poison, pick your poisoner from the list of Park Slope bars and restaurants participating in the Fifth Annual NYC Beer Week:
- Applewood, 501 11th Street, Brooklyn, NY, applewoodny.com
- Bierkraft, 191 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, Bierkraft.com
- The Double Windsor, 210 Prospect Park West, Brooklyn, NY, www.dwbrooklyn.com (Okay, so not in Park Slope but close enough.)
- The Gate, 321 5th Avenue Brooklyn, NY, http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Gate/68409593032
- High Dive, 243 Fifth Ave, Brooklyn, NY, www.highdivebrooklyn.com
- Mission Dolores, 249 Fourth Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, www.missiondolores.com
- The Owl Farm, 297 9th Street, Brooklyn, NY, www.theowlfarm.com
- Pacific Standard, 82 4th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, www.pacificstandardbrooklyn.com
- Terroir.Park.Slope, 284 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, www.wineisterroir.com
- 4th Avenue Pub, 76 Fourth Avenue Brooklyn, NY, http://www.beermenus.com/places/278-fourth-avenue-pub
The NYC Beer Week Opening Night Party will take place tonight at Galapagos Art Space in DUMBO. Tickets are $45; click here for more info.
The NYC Beer Week Closing Party will be on March 3 at La Birreria at Eataly on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. The event will feature local beers from NYC Brewers Guild Members, pay-as-you-go food and drink. Admission to the bar and restaurant is first come, first served. As space at La Birreria’s is extremely limited, you should guarantee your admission by making a reservation in the restaurant on urbanspoon.com.
Let us know what Park Slope bar where you’ll be celebrating NYC Beer Week in the comments section below.