1. Listen to music: Come to The Rock Shop and hear Legend has it that the Austin quintet, Whiskey Shivers “tumbled out of rancid whiskey bottles and frightened the locals,” but nonetheless, they are a talented bunch of musicians.
2. Kids fun: Sign up your little ones for Presidents Day Camp at P.S. 282/M.S. 282. No school? No problem! Super Soccer Stars will keep your kids active, kicking and having a blast while school is out this Presidents Day! The camp is for ages 2.5 to 3 years and 4 to 5. Mini Camp features 2.5 hours of soccer games/activities, arts & crafts.
3. Karaoke: Have fun singing at Hank’s Saloon, 46 3rd Ave, for Live Band Kuntry Karaoke. Every Monday night, Hank's Saloon hosts Live Band Kuntry Karaoke with Rob Ryan and the Brooklyn Country All-Stars. Admission is free, and there will be free BBQ courtesy of Soul! Sausage.
4. Laugh it up: Enjoy some kicks at Brooklyn Moon, 745 Fulton St, for Comic Diversity Free Stand Up Comedy. Comic Diversity is a weekly stand up comedy show at Fort Greene's legendary Brooklyn Moon that only discriminates on the basis of funny. The show is known for breaking hilarious new comic talent. Add comedy's rising stars to a surprising mix of established players, and everybody laughs.
5. Don’t move your car: The NYC Department of Transportation has suspended alternate side parking today for President George Washington’s Birthday (Presidents Day).