1. Tickle your funny bone. Head to Brooklyn Lyceum at 225 4th Ave for this week's Gentrify Brooklyn. This weekly improv, sketch, and stand-up comedy show is hosted by comedy trios SIDECAR (Justin Tyler, Matt Fisher, Alden Ford), M.A.D. (D'Arcy Erokan, Abra Tabak, MacKenzie Condon), and special guests. No advanced ticketing; $5 admission may be paid at the door.
2. Remember Dr. King. Don't miss . "Malcom, Martin and Medgar: A Reunion" will examine how current events might be seen through the eyes of the three slain civil rights icons. WNYC host Brian Lehrer and Farai Chideya will lead a dynamic panel discussion inspired by passages from the play "Malcolm, Martin, Medgar" written by Malcolm X associate A. Peter Bailey and read by actors.
3. Pick up a wedding dress. Calling all brides! On Saturday from 12-6 p.m., Michelle New York Bride's is holding a trunk sale at 396 Atlantic Ave. This is by appointment only, so to R.S.V.P., call 718-643-1680.
4. Fall down the rabbit hole. Help launch BAM’s very special season of family programs at the new BAM Fisher at 321 Ashland Pl. this Saturday at the BAMfamily Launch Party: Down the Rabbit Hole. The celebration features Story Pirates’ sketch comedy musicals, based on stories written by kids, and Urban Stages’ Blown Away by Poetry, an interactive performance and workshop with puppets and poetry, storytelling, plus face-painting and more. As part of this festive day of storytelling, children are invited to come dressed as their favorite storybook character.
5. Move the car. Unfortunately alternate side is in effect today. The next suspension is this coming Monday, Jan. 21 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
Let Patch save you time. Get local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.