1. Just dance. Don't miss the Brooklyn Contra Dance Party at Brooklyn Lyceum. You’ll dance to live music with several partners throughout the night (it’s a great way to meet new people!) There is no fancy footwork involved, anyone can do it! All the dances are taught and walked through with instructions provided from the stage, by the Caller. It’s good ol’ fashioned fun right here in Brooklyn!$15, starts at 7:30 p.m.
2. Get fit, with a partner. Head to the happy couple workout in Prospect Park, a collection of exercises specially made for couples. They are interactive and focus on the complimentarity of the male and female body, with an emphasis on resistance training. These are not push-ups and sit-ups, side by side, but instead a support network for stable and long-lasting relationships. Kids are welcome. Saturday, March 23, 11 a.m., $10.
3. Let the kiddies get creative. Bring the little ones to BAM for BAMfamily: Kindur, an interactive theater experience featuring a fairy-tale landscape of glaciers, volcanoes, and flower-filled meadows. The experience is brought to life when children are invited on stage to trigger the sounds, images, music, and colors that make up this enchanting world. Saturday, March 23, 3 p.m., $12.
4. Keep the St. Patrick's Day celebrations going. Didn't get your fill of Irish festivities last weekend? You're in luck, as this Sunday is the Bay Ridge Saint Patrick's Day Parade, which begins at 1 p.m. The parade will run along 3rd Avenue, starting at Marine Avenue and 3rd Ave down to 67th Street.
5. Move your car. Alternate side parking rules are in effect today.