Do you want to brighten the holidays for a needy child?
Donate gifts to the Park Slope Civic Council’s 18th Annual Toys for Tots Holiday Collection. For the past 18 years, the Park Slope Civic Council has hosted a gift collection drive, with drop off points all over Park Slope, to help local children and families who are less fortunate.
According to the PSCC, each year, “Park Slope shows its true community spirit by brightening their holidays with hundreds of donated toys and books.”
All through the holiday season, the PSCC collects new and gently used unwrapped gifts for children between the ages of 2 and 12.
Today, Sunday, Nov. 18 the collection will start at 9 a.m. (through 12:30 p.m.) at St. Saviour’s Parish Hall on Eighth Ave. at Sixth St.
Read below for a complete list of drop-off locations.
The toys will also be collected at the Jingle Bell Jamboree at Congregation Beth Elohim (Eighth Ave. at Garfield Pl.) on Sunday, December 17 at 5 p.m.
If you are interested in helping with the toy drive or offering your business as a collection center, please contact the PSCC at email@example.com.
Donations will be accepted from Nov. 18 through Jan. 6, 2013, at the following locations:
- Astoria Federal Savings (110 Seventh Ave. at Carroll Street, and 459 Fifth Ave. at 10th Street)
- Back to the Land Natural Foods (142 Seventh Avenue between Carroll Street and Garfield Place)
- Councilmember Brad Lander’s Office (456 Fifth Ave. between Ninth and Tenth Streets)
- The Church of St. Saviour (611 Eighth Ave. at Sixth Street)
- Citibank (114 Seventh Avenue at President Street)
- The Community Book Store (143 Seventh Ave. between Carroll Street and Garfield Place)
- Greenwood Baptist Church (461 Sixth St. at Seventh Avenue)
- Holy Name Church (245 Prospect Park West at 17th Street)
- Assemblywoman Joan Millman’s Office (341 Smith St. at Carroll Street)
- Assemblymember James Brennan’s Office (416 Seventh Ave. between 12th and 13th Streets)
- Little Things Toy Store (145 Seventh Ave. between Carroll Street and Garfield Place)
- New Millennium Real Estate (443 Fourth St. between Sixth and Seventh Avenues)
- North Flatbush Business Improvement District (282 Flatbush Avenue at Prospect Place)
- Orrichio Anderson Realty (302 Seventh Ave. between Seventh and Eighth Streets)
- P.S. 39 (417 Sixth Ave. at Eighth Street)
- Prospect Park YMCA (357 Ninth St. between Fifth and Sixth Avenues)
- Scottadito Restaurant (788A Union St. between Sixth and Seventh Avenues)
- Saint Francis Xavier Church (225 Sixth Ave. at Carroll Street)