1. Treat yo self. Today, March 14, is 'Pi Day,' a holiday celebrating math. Pi is the "symbol used to represent a constant—the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter—which is approximately 3.14159," according to piday.org.
But, honestly, most people use the holiday as an excuse to eat lots of pie. Aware of this fact, Gowanus-based bakers 4&20 Blackbirds will be selling slices of their new seasonal flavors Rosemary Honey Shoofly, Green Chili Chocolate, Sweet Potato Apple Crumble and Maple Lime Custard for $3.14 all day long.
2. Donate your fancy duds. Trés Belle Petit Medi-Spa's Pretty in Pink Prom Party is tonight. Head to the spa at 6 p.m. bearing a prom dress (or lightly used formal wear) and the items will be donated to Junior League of Brooklyn's Belle of the Ball program. Plus, Champagne, cupcakes and giveaways!
3. Catch some hoops.The 2013 Buick Atlantic 10 Basketball Championship kicks off tonight at Barclays Center! This is the first time the Atlantic 10 championship—which sends its winner on to the NCAA tournament—will be played in an NBA venue. And local talent will be on display: The head coach of St. Louis is Jim Crews, and his son is a pastor at Brooklyn Tabernacle on Smith St. Meanwhile, Chaz Williams who plays for UMass is a Bishop Ford H.S. (Park Slope) graduate and Junior point guard. Tickets are still available for multiple times and games.
4. Dine in Brooklyn. The annual dealfest hosted by Borough President Marty Markowitz kicked off at the beginning of the week and is still going strong, offering lunch for $20.13 and dinner for $28 at participating restaurants like Sottocasa and M.O.B. For a complete list of locations, head to visitbrooklyn.org.
5. Move your car. Alternate side parking rules are in effect today.