1. Buy your tickets for New York Methodist Hospital's Day of Dance this Saturday. The event will feature the current Miss New York, Shannon Oliver as our emcee, as well as adult and children’s dance classes taught by world renowned dance professionals, Tao Porchon-Lynch and Anya Katsevman, along with heart healthy screenings, light refreshments, giveaways and raffle prizes.
2. Come show off your vocal skills at The Rock Shop for Karaoke Night hosted by the Kings of Karaoke! The Kings of Karaoke provide a festive, often rowdy atmosphere, encouraging singers to enjoy themselves and the audience dancing.
3. Scratch one off of your Oscars list. If your reaction to the film Amour being nominated for Best Picture at this year's Academy Awards was "never heard of it," you're not alone. In fact, I don't know a single soul who has seen this picture. But if you'd like to satisfy your curiosity, it's currently playing at BAM. Showtimes vary as well as ticket prices. Click here for details.
4. Reserve your tickets. On Friday morning seats will become available for Postal Service and Beyonce performances at Barclays Center this summer. Looking to do something this weekend? There's a Vegan Bake-Off taking place at The Bell House on Sunday at 3 p.m. and you can snap up those tickets right now. Bring your meat aversion and your agave addiction with you.
5. Find another spot. Alternate side parking rules are in effect today.